The aim of PERCO is to develop and strengthen the Red Cross activities for and with refugees and migrants on a national and international level and promote cooperation among European National Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies in order to improve the situation of refugees, asylum seekers and migrants in Europe.
- To provide a framework to facilitate cooperation and networking among European National Societies.
- To strengthen the advocacy role of European National Societies in order to influence national and European policies and developments in the field of asylum and migration.
- To improve the capacity of European National Societies and the International Federation in their work with refugees, asylum seekers and migrants.
- To promote tolerance and fight against racism, xenophobia and social exclusion
Through PERCO, National Societies
- share experience and promote good practice
- undertake relevant joint actions that address the needs of the target groups
- recommend advocacy positions to National Societies
- provide recommendations and information
- organize seminars and workshops